Summer brings so many wonders – including more opportunities to visit our favorite shopping venues – outlets! Here are a few tips to maximize your summer outlet shopping deal- seeking.
- Summer evenings are not only cooler, but less crowded. Most outlet centers have extended hours in the evenings, so check the store hours and then take advantage of the evenings to stroll the center with fewer crowds and mix cooler temps with hot buys!
- Most outlet centers and stores offer additional discounts to Seniors and members of the Military, so check center web sites for those specials, which might be promoted on a specific day of the week but are generally offered throughout the week. If you want to focus on a specific store, just check their web site or give them a call.
- AAA members typically receive a discount on coupon booklets at centers that sell them, but may also qualify for additional discounts. Check the center website for the AAA logo or check with Customer Service.
- In addition to signing up for the loyalty programs of your favorite brands and centers to receive offers and specials, you can also use smartphone apps to check for best pricing – try RedLaser or ShopSavvy.
- Many stores offer special discounts throughout the busy summer months by posting signs promoting additional discounts – don’t be shy about asking sales assistants to scan the tag to calculate the discount for you.
- If you plan to stay in a hotel or visit an attraction near an outlet center, make sure to inquire about any cross-promotions to potentially receive discounts at either.
- When shopping outlet stores, check out the far corners and the back of the store, since that is often where the clearance racks are located. A little hunting around can result in a real find!
- Many states offer Tax Free periods around the Back to School time frame –these tax holidays apply to most outlet purchases, so take advantage of those by checking the center website or Googling the State Tax Fee period for information and restrictions.
- Allocate TIME – summer is all about relaxation – make sure to plan your shopping trip to spend time at the center without rushing as there are bound to be so many great deals, you will want to have at least a half day to take full advantage.